Saturday, September 5, 2009

Awesome Nothing Special Day

So it's a holiday weekend and guess where the Wright's are?  Utah, you might ask....nope we are home.  Dad, Mom, Kev, Kyle and Brad.  You might be feeling a little sorry for us and our lack of adventure, but please don't.  We are "hangin' out".  We're sorta pretending that we are normal and we have the simple pleasures of normal family life everyday.
Today went something like this, I did an early ride with Craig who had to bail 'cause of bike problems, so he met me on his run.                  
The Triplets did their usual Saturday morning Raincross ride.  Guess who didn't get dropped?!  Way to go Brad he made the whole ride for the first time.
I had a DI assignment to do. The girls had a good time trying on clothes afterwards, and Katrina A. decided that she should buy a wedding dress and marry Scott Z.
While we were having DI fun, Craig was home putting in a new faucet for the counter sink.

Oh the simple pleasures in life, like a new faucet.  
After I got home Craig decided that he could fix his bike problem on his own.  So we went to the bike shop and got two new tools.  Guess what, he did it, he was quite handy today.  While at the bike shop I got a new pair of gloves, somehow my favorite, very old and very stinky gloves have disappeared.  Could it have something to do with the fact that they were very stinky?  I don't know.  I also got Brad a new pair of cycling socks (do not get me started on the topic of socks) as a prize for his great ride today.  Craig is using his new found skills on everyones bikes tonight, we are so lucky, we all have the cleanest cassettes in town.  Oh and the boys are reading this over my shoulder and said "the ribbon wallpaper is not happening".  Now they're happy.   Kyle says he is not happy that he never got a prize for hanging in on his first Raincross, hmm, he says he could use a new mountain bike.....right!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha. :) Everyone in this family makes me feel like a couch potato. Oh well. :)

Melinda said...

MmmHmmm, let me see now, are you working one or two jobs? Full time nursing student, full scholarship newlywed, and #1 BYU football fan, not sure you fit in the couch potato category.

Judy said...

And Brad AGAIN? Did he have some kind of miracle cure? Amazing!

Melinda said...

No fracture, bruised fat pad, bad mom, by the time you get to the last kid you are worn down, "sure honey, go ride your bike!:

Judy said...

Hey, I say if it doesn't hurt enough to stop them, let them go! He is one tough kid!