Friday, May 7, 2010

Kyle's Barrio Logan Race Report


The first race i did was the cat4 race. It went well, I rode toward the front for most of the race, and tried to just warm up for the junior state championships race. On the last lap I found myself in a fairly decent position. I could have taken a risk in the last corner, and gone for a top 5 finish, but decided against it to prevent the chance of crashing. This turned out to be a good decision, as there was a crash right where I would have been. I rode in for 14th place out of 70+ field. So that was good.
Junior State Championships: Was a lot of fun...until I crashed. I was third or fourth wheel going into one of the last corners on the last lap. Another rider leaned in toward me and I made the mistake of leaning more to try and avoid him. My back wheel slid out and obviously I crashed. After that someone ran over my head...awesome! Everyone keeps asking me if it hurt, but truthfully I didn't feel a thing until the paramedics started to clean it. Now I have road rash on my face, leg, thigh, arm, and arm pit, only half a right eye-brow, torn bibs, and a broken helmet. I am pretty disappointed, I think I could have gotten a top 5 finish, but oh well. It happens.

No comments: