Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mom's Crystal Ball

Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball, especially when it comes to advising my older children, but somehow it is a little foggy when it comes to helping them out. On the other hand my crystal ball is very clear for my younger children. Case in point, me,"Kyle, make sure you always, always, have your drivers license with you, never forget it, make sure the insurance info is always updated and in the car, because you are going to be stopped just because you look 12, it's only a matter of time.
Let's see, Kyle has had his license for about 2 1/2 months now and sure enough yesterday mom's prediction came true. Kyle and Brad were driving down to RHS to turn in their PE papers when a CHP officer sees Kyle turn off Cypress onto Citrus. Brad said he did a double take, flipped a U and pulled Kyle over. Officer (in his Southern accent) "You, look way too young to drive, that's why I pulled you over. How old are you? Who's that in the car with you? Where are you going? License, registration and insurance please." He let Kyle go, after checking everything out. How long do you think it will take for him to be pulled over again?

1 comment:

Judy said...

The good part of this is that Kyle will always be a careful driver, knowing he is at greater risk for being pulled over. Right? Right?!