Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beach ride

Untitled by melindalytal at Garmin Connect - Details

Hmm this was supposed to go on my training blog, but garmin connect will only send it here, another case of my lack of techno savvy.  Saturday was the ward beach part/ride to the beach aka Bishop's Redemption Ride!  Way to go Bishop.  Anyway the fast and furious were leaving from the church at 7:00m Craig and I decided to leave earlier, me not wanting anyone to have to wait for me.  We actually didn't leave early, me again dawdling around.  We got off about 7:30 or so, I was happy with my ride, the purpose was to take it slow it is my longest ride so far this year.  My slow laps were where I had stopped to navigate, (you have to navigate city streets through Riverside from the San Bernardino end of the Santa Ana River Trail to the Green River start.  This also includes a stop for ride food and water refills at the Chevron station at Green River, I love that place, it always signifies the beginning or end of a ride, or in yesterdays case the middle, a recognizable marker for me as I had not done this particular ride.  There was also a slow lap where I was stopped several times talking to Brad.  Brad had driven down so I asked him just to leave the keys in the car under the mat so we could change when we got there, he called back a few minutes later...mom, I put the keys under the mat, but the doors locked.  Oh, oh, of course neither of us had an extra key in our jerseys.  I was happy to finish our ride and called our roadside assist, key problem taken care of.  All in all a very good day, but we had to return home to write talks, Craig and I talk in church today, definitely not one of my favorite things.

No comments: