Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Old Mom Learning New Tricks

Well Kerri and Kevin have both started blogs and it is so much fun to check their blogs and see what is happening I wanted to try one too. The problem is I am techno-savvy challenged. I thought I would put a fun picture on the first blog to start but oops, photo library got erased from the computer, I'll have to check on Craig's and see what I can post that might be fun for our "newspaper".
The most consuming thought in my head for the next few months is training for the Vikingman Half Ironman. I don't know what possessed me to register for this event, but I did and have definitely bitten off more than I can chew. I started training in January and was doing ok till the last few weeks, I've just been kinda burnt out. I've got to ramp it back up, I went to spin class this morning and my legs felt like noodles, but this evening I finally got back on the road, it was a gorgeous evening and since the boys had a minimum day and had homework done I was able to sneak out for a ride, got one 10 mile Sunset Loop in, felt nice to be back on the bike even though I probably should have ran or swam. Oh well....
We are also doing Spudman which is really my "A" race for the year. Vikingman I will just be happy to survive, but since I have a time from last year to beat at Spudman I am looking forward to it. It will also be fun because Kerri is doing it again, and Kevin, Brian, and Brad are entered as a team. Craig will be doing Mt. Whitney the same week with Brent and Kyle, another divide and conquer situation--I'm not liking being an expert on dividing.
Kerri said there is a way that everyone can post and keep us all up to date on the family. I'll have to figure that out--then we can get Kerri, Kevin and hopefully soon Brian updates directly from them. I guess I'll have to do the "news" for Craig and I, Brent, Kyle and Brad.

1 comment:

Ker said...

Mom,
You go to "settings" and then Permissions to add other authors.
Good Luck with the pictures.