Thursday, May 15, 2008

Brian Doesn't Like to Count, So I Will

26 more days. Here are his last two e-mails:

well family, this week has been another crazy week. The first time I went to my area was last night at 6:00 PM.... I said goodbye to Elder Chinn on Tuesday. It was kinda weird seeing him go home seeing as he came down to Honduras with me, but my new companion Elder Branch is awesome. After the training meeting with the trainers we drove some missionaries out to Comayagua. From there we went to take stuff out of the house way out in la esperanza to take back to them. It took us a long time to get the house out there clean and to take stuff out, so it was about 6 or 7 by the time we went to leave. At that point we realized we didnt have gas in the car. We went to the gas station and they said that there was no diesel fuel in all of la esperanza and that there wasnt even diesel anywhere except Teguc (which is running out). They told us it would be 8-15 days before they got diesel, so we were stuck 4 hours outside of tegucigalpa and our cell phone died. Finally we got ahold of president and he arranged for the office elders to fill up some tanks in teguc and come rescue us the next day. I thought we might have to just work out in la esperanza for a while opening the branch up again (it was closed a few weeks ago).... but we finally got out of there... quite a fun experience. On Friday we had a zone leader counsel which went well. All the old zone leaders left to train this change so there are a lot of new leaders in the mission. Elder Branch and I are determined to work hard for our last six weeks here in the mission, but it's tough when we've had a total of 3 hours in our area so far this week. Next week we start zone conferences.... should be fun. So I'm into Elms for summer then, huh? That's good. Now how do we get it so im rooming in the same apartment as Shane? As for the call for Mother's day... I think I'll do the same as last Christmas... You can just call me in the house with a phone card. I'll probably call you maybe on saturday or at some point to figure out was time is the best. I figure I'm going to see you in a month anyways, but I know that you want to talk to me, so we'll see how that goes.... So who all is planning on coming down for my homecoming? It's crazy how tiome time goes by. I'm now the only gringo missionary in the mission to have met the old mission president... and a lot of the missionaries now will end with the next mission president. So yeah, maybe kevin will have to teach me a little on how to dance... considering I know nothing..... Brent, good luck on the SAT, i never took it... Brad teenage mutant ninja turtles is awesome! Am I still registered to bike in the spudman? I'm sure Chase is an awesome zone leader out in Geneva... If you could get me his address I would appreciate it... I'd like to write him a letter this month. That's crazy that Jeff's all ready coming home this month! Well mom, Happy mothers day next week. Dad, I love you a lot... Just remember, I may not be able to call home on Father's Day, but this time I'll be home to tell you Happy father's day in person! Family, I love you a lot. Take care, I'll talk to you next week! Cuidense todos!
Elder Brian Wright

And the latest:

Well family, I suppose I'll be calling you soon to talk to you and figure out when to call. I think I'll have you call the office at about 8:00 PM (our time) I think that's 7:00 PM California time. If I remember right the phone card ran out last time, and I'm not sure I'll be able to call you back from the office, so you might want to take that into consideration. Sounds like dad's starting the countdown for when I come home... I'll be home in one month from today... It's insane how fast time goes by, but I still have a month left to work before I go home. This week we started zone conferences. Elder Branch and I are teaching about putting baptism dates. Its kinda hard for us to get out to our area a lot to put baptism dates ourselves, so I kind of feel like a hypocrit sometimes, but we do our best. It's strange now because all my mission companions are home now except for my current companion and he goes home with me. This morning I woke up at 4:00 AM to take two elders to the airport. One is finishing the mission going home for studies a little early and the other medical problems and homesickness... (he lasted a week in the mission, kinda sad) So this week has been busy with all of the events related to them going home. Mom, I'd say Happy Mother's Day, but I assume I'll be able to say that to you one the phone, so I'll wait... Thanks for getting all my housin situation fixed up with Shane. If you talk to him again, tell him I send him saludos. My last companion Elder Chinn wrote me. Apparently he's having fun with the future in-laws. He's won him self a Father-in-law... He's just gotta work on the future wife... crazy! Well family, congrats on getting into the St George marathon. I'll be rooting you on. Kyle, keep up the piano. Have you played in Church yet? Maybe on the 15th of june you can work something up... brad, I think you're crazy running the marathon at 12 years old, but thats AWESOME!!! Well, I'm looking forward to talking to you tomorrow! I love you all!!!
Brian

1 comment:

Ker said...

I can't believe that Brian is almost home, it's gonna be cool to see him again. I can't wait for him to meet Kael.