Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brian thought you might like this:


Updates from Elder Jamison Sheffer:


We rode the train up to ZhuBei (it takes 1 hour 30 minutes) and stayed where the cars connect. We opened up the doors and rode with the wind rushing by us and our heads out the side of the car, pulling them in for the occasional passing train!! There was never a better time of my life than sitting with 2 other Elders on the steps of the car and just watching Taiwan rush past us! It probably wasn't the safest thing, but it did get rid of EVERY bad feeling of the last 6 weeks! IT is amazing what nature can do!!

I have noticed an unfortunate downward trend in my English with very little improvement in the Chinese!! It seems that I will unfortunately come home unable to speak any language and need to communicate using a series of crude grunts and gestures!!

(This is about July 4)

It was wonderful! Unfortunately I am in the country where I could buy my weight in fireworks for around 5 American dollars, and I was unallowed to get permission to light off fireworks! Yes, I did try! I called up my Zone Leader and said, "Elder Odum, I need permission to light off fireworks please!" He said, "No", I said, "Okay" and hung up! (I really didn't think he would say yes because the white handbook specifically says NO!)
I did miss home though. I wanted hotdogs and snowcones, classic cars and bands on stage!!! I miss America!!! I thought about the park a lot that day. Just really, I am an American. I love my home and there is something special about our country.


I love being a missionary.
I love seeing the gospel change people.
I love learning about the people in the church.
I love changing myself.
I love helping people.
I love speaking Chinese.


For updates on Romney Evans you can go to elderromneyevans.blogspot.com
Chase Renick is coming home either the day before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving day.
Anthony Jury is doing well but doesn't say much in his e-mails.

(It was missionary report Sunday)

No comments: