Saturday, September 20, 2008

Craig's Weekend

It's a whirlwind as usual, Craig finished work early on Thursday and realized he could be home sooner if he drove than if he waited for his flight that evening, so he hops in the truck and hurries home.  After cooking breakfast for the boys Friday morning he cleaned the kitchen while I drove Brad to school and then we were off for my long run.  It was miserable!!  It was hot and just not a fun day to be getting in a twenty miler.  When we got to Loma Linda were headed back towards Redlands Craig ran ahead to the AM/PM (every running route over 10 miles should have AM/PM's or 7-11's somewhere along the way) and bought me water and dark chocolate M&M's, yum !!
I think he figured if my mouth was full he wouldn't have to listen to me complain!!!  I can't believe what he puts up with (meaning me) so that I can achieve goals that really are outside my abilities, he could be qualifying for Boston at St. George, but instead he'll be trotting alongside me encouraging me to put one foot in front of the other one more time.
Friday afternoon he went to San Onofre with Brad for a campout.  
                                                                                                             San Onofre

They decided San Onofre was too rocky for good skimboarding and boogie boarding so this morning they got up early and headed over to San Clemente.  Craig got home this afternoon pretty tired after not too much sleep in our lovely tent.  After he got back he realized he would be heading right back to Orange County for Woodbridge.  Woodbridge is a huge cross country invitational and Kyle qualified as varsity at last weeks meet so Brent and Kyle will both be running in the same race.  The race doesn't start till 9:00 pm, honest that's P.M., crazy, it will be late when they get back, I didn't go but Craig and Brad went down.  The race just finished and I have two very unhappy boys that feel they didn't run well.  My boys are hard on themselves, they ran as a rated team, with a new coach at a very, very large meet.  I am quite proud and will post some pictures when they get back.
So, anyway, Craig will be back late tonight and has to leave tomorrow.  He spent the whole weekend doing things for us.  I have great kids because they have a great dad.  I love you.

No comments: