Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another week in the Phnom Pehn Cambodia Mission

Elder Brent Wright and his companion Elder Chea
So I asked Brent if this picture was taken in front of his apartments, he has mentioned that their apartment is very nice, probably nicer than the apartments the elders here live in. Here is his reply:

Hahaha, no that's in front of our church. The front of our apartment has a big wall with barbed wire on it and graffiti in Khmer that says, "No peeing on this wall", yet every morning there is at least someone peeing on it......

and the weekly update:

So this week was a really rough week for our area.
They just opened a new branch that took members from our area and also took almost all our progressing investigators. Our church attendence went from 100 people to 50 and all of our member help is gone. So the area right now is very, very hard but other than that I am doing ok. I had quite a few rough days this week but yesterday was good and today is p day so I am happy. I have started teaching English four times a week and that is surprisingly difficult. It's kinda fun though for them to speak my language and for me to be allowed to speak English to them.. even though most of them don't understand. The first lesson I taught was so hard though I kept tripping up on my words and using bad grammar, it was hard to speak English when I am so used to speaking Khmer with them... I made a few new pairs of pants here which are way sweet only costs me 9 bucks to have a customed tailored pair of pants its sweet they look nice.... other than that nothing new for this week. I am sorry to hear Grammy fell, tell her I love her and will be praying for her recovery. Also sorry to hear grandpa's health is down I hope he recovers.... sounds very, very busy with all the wedding prep send me pics of everything I want to see the doors you are painting and what is going on with the pool. Love you all and miss you,
Elder Wright

No comments: