Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School

The 2008-2009 school year has officially started.  Brent is a senior, at Redlands High School and  Kyle a freshman, Brad is in seventh grade at Moore Middle School.  We're off to a good start, Brent wanted AP Stat which conflicted with Makio so he has AP Calc, he is less than thrilled, however math is very easy for him so mom is ok with his schedule, he also has no first period class which means he can go to the library every morning after seminary and study and do homework.  Kyle did not get cross country PE, he also got the Honors Biology teacher from Hell (this is not an exaggeration) believe me, we've been there, so I'm putting in a call to his counselor tomorrow, we'll see what happens.  Brad seems to be very happy with his classes.
I'm not a fan of the short summer schedule however the boys will get one week at Thanksgiving, three weeks at Christmas, and two weeks for spring break, both of which are in March this year, that means six full ski weeks.  I looked into season passes today, Sundance has a great deal, it may be an early Christmas present.  According to their website you can also take the bus free if you have a season pass, not sure how that works or where it picks up.
So tonights homework is really for me, I'm signing a million curriculum papers, release cards, etc.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Hi Wright family! I hope that you don't mind me checking out your blog, it is fun to hear how your family is doing. You are all welcome to visit our blog www.lehnhof.blogspot.com

Ker said...

I think that first day of school by the front door pic is classic! It would be funny to find all of them throughout the years! I'll have to get a pic of Kyle on his first day in front of our door!

Kevin said...

I was going to say, the picture is getting smaller and smaller. So did Kyle get Mr Meyer? I sure hope so. He is the most amazing teacher ever [Dripping with sarcasm] Season passes to sundance huh? Which reminds me that I too need to look into that. How much were they? They may just have a Kevin bus going up every afternoon. That is also something to look into.