Saturday, August 16, 2008

St. George Marathon Training Update



16 mile long run
hot sun
no fun

Yes, I know that is a very sorry attempt at poetry, but it's about the best I can do these days.  I got new running shoes, it made a difference with the knees.  We started early, Craig ran eight with me and while I continued on he ran home, got the car, water and Gummi Bears and came back to pick me up.  I'm so slow he had plenty of time to do all of this and still ran a few more miles with me.  It's nice to drive home since if you run back to our house, it is all uphill.  We cancelled Brad for the marathon he was still in the first 500 to cancel.  If you cancel in the first 500 you get guaranteed entry the next year.  It's not good that I know this because it is very tempting to hold off another year, but.....I guess I won't.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

So how about you come run the Provo marathon with me to train? It's in early septmeber

Melinda said...

That's a training run?!! Is that your only training run, oh to be young. What's the course like?

Kevin said...

Says downhill and cool. It runs down the canyon and by the river to the lake