Saturday, October 2, 2010

It Seemed Like a Good Idea Three Months Ago

The title of this post was probably my favorite sign on the course today.  It was a good day, Craig was my sherpa extraordinaire and I smashed my last St. George time by about 45 minutes.  Needless to say I am happy.  I told Craig afterwards my secret goal was 9 minutes faster than what I did, he said I should have told him and we could've done it.  Maybe, but I was tired the last mile.  The wise advice for running St. George is to hold back on the top half and negative split the second half.  Last time I threw the advice out the window, ran the top half 30 minutes faster than I ran it today and died on the bottom half.  Today Craig held me back, paced me on the top, set a lofty (for me) pace on the second half and it worked, that's all I can say, hold back on the top and you will get amazing results.

4 comments:

B said...

Good job Mom! Congrats!!! I love you

Wayne said...

congrats on doing a good job .

Paul Ancill said...

Well done

www.walksindorset.co.uk
Things to do and places to visit in Dorset for free.

Judy said...

You are amazing.