Friday, October 8, 2010

Cupcakes and Oxygen Debt

I have done a lot of dumb things this week.  It's ok I say to myself, I have "post race stupidity syndrome".  PRSS a legitimate medical ailment first coined I believe by Jayne Williams of "Slow Fat Triathlete" fame.  If I recall correctly from Jayne's description this condition it should disappear shortly after your race.  Well, since I am aged, I believe it takes longer to dissipate like here it is almost a week later and I am still deep in PRSS or oxygen debt or something.
An example:  Heading to the gym to swim laps before water aerobics starts at exactly the same time water aerobics starts.  Wait....in order to avoid water aerobics I know the water aerobics schedule better than the ladies who do water aerobics.
Just now, I thought I'm going to make some cupcakes for Kyle and Brad before they get home from school, I grab a box of cake mix, mix it up, pour it into the cupcake pan thinking, hmmm... it's a little thick. I look on the box for how long to cook cupcakes--no cupcake directions--that's weird.  Check the sides of the box, check the back again, still no cupcake directions.  I finally look at the front of the box--oops brownie mix.  I now have brownies baking in a paper lined cupcake pan.  I'll guess I'll have to wait and see if brownies will come out of cupcake papers.  I even got out the food coloring (so domestic today) to make orange frosting (about as far as I go decorating for Halloween).  Maybe we'll just have to have orange frosted brownie cupcakes.  Maybe they'll be good, I'll let you know.

Well, they came out of the paper ok.

Craig agreed to be the guinea pig and try out my cupcake brownies, but he had a better idea than orange frosting!

The Verdict: Even better than cupcakes!

3 comments:

Judy said...

What wonderful serendipity! I think it's kind of like seeing mold growing in your petri dish and then realizing that the mold has killed everything else. Voila! You've just discovered penicillin!

Unknown said...

I had brownie cupcakes at a friends house the other day. I thought they were cupcakes because they were frosted. They were WAY better than regular cupcakes! Craig had the right idea with the ice cream. The frosting made everything way too sweet (and that coming from someone with a major sweet tooth).
Chris Gallacher

Melinda said...

This would be the way to go for brownies a la mode. You get a nice thick brownie rather than a thin square. Yummy.