Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dengue Fever

Well since my last post about the party for Brent in Battambang he has had some excitement.  I am not sure he wold use the word "excitement" though.  He arrived in Phnom Penh to be a zone leader in the south zone on a Friday, he had been a little ill when he arrived, but on Monday when he stopped by the mission home he told the President he was almost 100%, that night he got very sick and was in the hospital with dengue fever.

 Dengue is also known as breakbone fever, because that's what it feels like, every bone in your body is breaking.  The mission president's wife, Sister Moon had been leaving messages for me with updates all week on our answering machine, however I cancelled Verizon voicemail a few years ago and have never been able to get our answering machine to work.  You get our recording to leave a message, which I couldn't turn off, but neither could I retrieve any messages.  No worries, I didn't really care, most people call us on our
cells anyway.  On Friday I picked up the phone and it was Sister Moon callling to update me again on Brent, I was completely stunned, what!, Brent's been in the hospital all week?!  He was in the hospital for a week and spent another week recuperating at the mission home.  He is back to work and looking good.  He had an emergency transfer to be a zone leader in another area, it seems the previous set of missionaries apparently had death threats so they were transferred and Brent was sent to that area.  He's happy about the transfer, he got a new comp that he really likes.  Oh and the problem with my answering machine, I find out.....Verizon cancelled my service as I requested, by not letting me retrieve calls, but was still intercepting my private voice mail with their service and my old message!  I finally, after three hours of convincing the tech guy this is a tech issue, not a billing issue, I got him to turn off the voicemail, problem solved!

No comments: