Monday, September 24, 2012

Leaving Kyle......

 Kyle, outside his dorm room....
Inside his room...
We left Friday afternoon after Brad was home from school and went to Grammy and Papa's, this was the first time we have been to their new house, it is beautiful.  Saturday morning we headed out to Davis and got Kyle all checked in and unloaded, and after a Costco trip, said our goodbyes!  I am getting pretty good at this, I didn't even cry! Sunday morning on our way home, Dad texted Kyle and he said come have breakfast with me, so a quick detour on our way home, one more goodbye..... I was doing pretty well until the quietness of the backseat got to be pretty overwhelming, how often in the last thiry+ years has there only been one child in the backseat!!  There was no one arguing over headphones, or who would take Jackie out at the next stop.  I know Brad is a little concerned about being the only child, I was discussing it with Kerri this morning and she said, "Tell him, I'll trade him places, I would love to be the only child and have mom and dad totally focused on me!"  The UC Davis campus is beautiful, I think Kyle is really going to like it there.
Grammy and Papa's new house, they have "moved to town".

No comments: