Thursday, August 6, 2009

Check, Check, Scream!

Errands done, car packed, we are off for the Wright family event of the year.  When we arrive Craig graciously unloads the car and starts bringing stuff in while I'm enjoying some time visiting with my son.  Craig, "What's in this bag?"  It's all shoes, shoes for every possible contingency.  "OK, what's in this bag?"  Just clothes, miscellaneous jeans, t-shirts, shorts etc.
"OK, what's in here?"  The boys suits.  "Melinda, are you missing something?"  No I don't think so, remember the bag with 20 pairs of shoes to choose from?  I think I'm covered.  "Well your feet will be covered, but what about the rest of you, where are your dresses?"  In the Nordstrom's bags, hanging in the back of the car ...............Oh no, OH NO!  I remembered taking the dresses out of my closet and laying them on the bed near the other bags I was packing, but I couldn't remember actually putting them in the car.  I am in Utah, my dresses are in California.  Remember that dream I had awhile back, that I didn't have a dress for my sons wedding.  I am living it.  I am aging fast and still have four more children to marry off after this, I probably won't even remember my shoes or my name by that point.

No comments: