Thursday, December 30, 2010

For you Kev!

Ok, son, this is the gray paint in the kitchen, most of the time I like it, sometimes I'm not sure. Maybe the cabinets are a little too yellow for the gray. And the countertops have to go, but then I may as well just re do the whole kitchen. I guess it will wait. I would have put this on this morning for you, but if you look very closely by the front sink you might be able to tell the dishwasher is new. Yes, today we had a project. I got 1 new dishwasher, I will get a second one for the island when life slows down a bit. I like the dishwasher, I have given up on expensive dishwashers and bought the same one that we have in the condo, I'm on my second load of dishes and it's doing a great job. You can't tell in the picture but it's stainless and yes the other one is still white but I'll get to it eventually.
The nook, I haven't found valances that I like yet, maybe I'll get a chance to make some, maybe not (Vineman training starts Monday, great excuse right!)
I really like the new dining room paint, I really hate the dining room carpet, I was thinking as I moved Kyle's new bike out of the picture, how much carpet we could have bought with the money we spent on bikes this year! Do you like the anniversary flowers dad got me? Can you tell what the vase is?
The laundry room, the pic's a little dark but so are the walls. Really it doesn't look quite this dark, I like it especially with all of the white cabinets on the wall you don't see.

The new floor in Brad's room.
Thanks for getting all that wall paper stripping started, and thanks to Brent for finishing it, it was a lot of work! I hope you like it.

4 comments:

Lorene said...

Looks nice Melinda...maybe you will motivate me...maybe.

Melinda said...

Thanks Lorene, you'll have to wait till Jared has his mission call and is home and very bored. We just got back from Provo today. Sharon is amazing. Thanks for all that you, Nadine and Sharon do. (We'll be back in two weeks)

Sharon said...

Have you thought about just staining your kitchen cabinets? It looks great!

Melinda said...

Yes, I'm thinking they would look good stained dark, I also thought about white but that would be a lot of white, at least till I get a new floor put in, and then the countertops, and maybe we could take out the wall to the laundry room and make it bigger, and then........do you know the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" !