Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kevin-Look What You Started

Kev decided awhile back that the blue plaid wallpaper in the laundry room and the little bathroom had to go. Bless him, he didn't know what he was getting into, how long ago was that-some months anyway, he got the stripping done but not the paint. Now since Brent is home for a few more weeks he asked if I would like him to finish the job. Yay! The laundry room and bathroom are now painted and look really great. I would post a picture but there is still a little more clean-up to do, so I will get that up soon. In the meantime while I have slave labor at home it seemed like as good a time as any to get that new floor put down in Brad's room. Tee hee, again Brent volunteered and he and Craig are hard at work as I type:

I think the box said this was a five hour job if you were inexperienced-we're now going on about 12 hours and there's quite a little bit more to be done. It will look really good when it's done. And maybe I should think of something extra kind and nice to do for them. So I have been stripping more wallpaper, the yellow in the kitchen is almost gone except for some places I can't reach even with the ladder, and the dining room is about half done. I will never again in my life have wallpaper, what was I thinking. I never really even liked it that much, I am almost positive that when the decorator showed up with it, it wasn't what I ordered. Oh well, as soon as its done Brent said he would paint for me this week and I will see what I can do to put Brad's room back together again. Needless to say the entire house is a disaster! We have a busy holiday time ahead of us with Brent's farewell and Christmas and lots of work. The Christmas tree is sitting in a bucket of water in the garage, soon....soon....the tree must go up.

1 comment:

Becky said...

the 12 hour thing sounds like something that would happen at my house. Good luck - hope you house gets back to normal soon. :)