Monday, April 14, 2008

Brian comes home in 52 days!!

Bri's latest e-mail--I am so sad I missed his call!!
Well family, thank you for your birthday package.... I'm trying to work on this
juggling thing, but not too successfull so far. I'd totally forgotten about the
pick up sticks game... I've found its more difficult on tile than carpet, but
its a lot of fun.... Honduras has an interesting tradition of cracking eggs on
someone's head on their birthday so after the prayer with the new missionaries
and president's family on tuesday, i got about 5 eggs cracked on my head.
hopefully that will come out of my suit pants. In reality my suits still in
really good shape, so im doing well... It was nice to get some new socks and
that awesome tie. Well, if I can't get into Elms, then oh well... whatever ends
up happening, I'll be fine with it. This week was really busy. We had a
missionary couple come this week and then the new missionaries and the last two
days i've been on divisions with zone leaders (president left for Guatemala, so
we finally have some time to work with the zone leaders... he gets back today)
So my birthday went well. the office elders bought me a nice cake and some
people called be in the morning to sing happy birthday. Yeah, we were planning
changes in the morning and President remembered it was my birthday so he said
"call your mom" in English.... So I called home, but Mom had left to drop off
kyle at school and off to work, so I talked with Brad for about a minute... and
we kept planning changes. He was going to have me call back later in the day,
but a ton of things happened that day, so we never got around to it. But I'll be
calling home in about a month any ways, so it all works out well... Wednesday
we had the training meeting for trainers and took some stuff out to open a new
house in Comayagua (where I started the mission)... On Thurday I was in
Toncontin on divisions and yesterday in Siguatepeque ( and area where we dont
send gringos right now because of some gang problems... its calm now though).
Thanks for your birthday card via e-mail... That picture of mom and me seems
like so long ago... craziness... Well family, life is going well for me I
suppose... busy as usual but nothing very exciting. I may end up finishing in
the office.... we'll see in a few weeks. Tell everyone back home I said hi and
all is well. I love you!
Elder Brian Wright
P.S. Brent, good luck on ACTs! they're not fun, but Im sure you'll do well

No comments: