Thursday, April 3, 2008

Family Room Furniture!!!

Last summer when we bought this cute condo, one of the reasons we picked this one was for the garage. It has a nice 2 car garage and most of the condos we looked at only had car ports. We wanted the garage as a place for all the toys, skis in the winter, bikes and motorcycles in the summer, etc. but.... this is the problem, we didn't try parking our cars in the garage before we bought it. Guess what? The cars don't fit in the garage, the Yukon XL is too XL, and so is the truck. You also can't park on the street here, therefore often we put the cars in the garage and have to leave the door open, so it's not a very secure place to leave the toys.
So what does the garage have to do with the title of this post "Family Room Furniture" you might ask. Well we've got the condo pretty well furnished and comfy, except for the downstairs family room, it needs a pull out sofa, chair or two and some kind of gigantic TV which will make the boys very happy. It was my full intention to work on this room while we were here, but I kinda got sidetracked. I got sidetracked to the Trek Store.

Notice the red bike in front (my new big girl bike!) the other black one in front is Kyle's new bike. Kyle and Brad have started cycling and the Trek KDR wasn't working out. Kyle was liking my blue bike and so was Brad, I thought the best solution was to get Kyle a new bike larger than mine to give him some growing room and Brad could use my blue bike. But...we ended up leaving the store with a new bike for me and for Kyle and Brad will ride his new (to him) blue bike. I got a Trek Project One, it is very cool, a larger frame, full carbon, SRAM, and new Speedplay pedals, I also went with a compact double instead of my trusty triple, I have the regular double if I want to switch it out for a flatter ride. To be honest, I am a little intimidated by this bike, but I'm loving it, it is so smooth. We'll see how I do on the hills when we get home, I also have gone from 650's to 700's so lots of changes. Kyle got the Madone 4.5, it's a little on the big side, but the top tube is slightly slanted, and it's adjusted pretty well for him, he also got Speedplay pedals and is doing much better with them than I am. I guess it would an insult to put my old, scarred, SPD's on this gorgeous bike.
Anyway, back to the family room furniture. Well the bikes are the family room furniure, can't keep them out in the garage!!! The sofa, chairs and tv will just have to wait. I have blown the decorating budget on way more fun toys.

No comments: