Saturday, April 12, 2008

Greenspot Ride

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com
Craig and I did the Greenspot ride yesterday, it was the first real ride on my new bike, just short of thirty miles according to map my ride. The bike did great, I really think it likes living in California. I do need to get a computer for the bike and a tune up for the engine!!! Vikingman Triathlon is giving me a serious scare. I ran nine miles this morning, I knew if I rode first I would never get around to my run. I really need to get some more miles on the bike, I need the bike to give me enough time that I can take the run easy, since I'm such a slow runner and have no choice but to take the run easy. The cut off times have me worried, well I guess there is only one final cut off time 8 1/2 hours, but I'm concerned. I did Spudman Triathlon in 3:09 last year, so one would think you could simply double the time and I would be fine at 6:18, it doesn't work that way though. I would be thrilled to do anything under 7:00 but I'm counting on using the whole dang 8:30.
My Mom called this morning while I was running, it was a nice little break to talk to her, unfortunately we talked about her nice little break, she fell and broke her arm yesterday. She was on the balcony off of their bedroom trying to swat down a swallow nest and fell off a chair. I offered to come and cook for her, I owe her and dad bigtime after coming to take care of all of us when I broke my leg.

No comments: