Sunday, April 20, 2008

Brian's Homecoming Talk is June 15


We got Brian's homecoming talk scheduled today for June 15, then we zoom him back off to school to catch the start of summer term. No rest for the poor boy, just enough time to buy him some normal clothes and get a few hugs and kisses. His actual homecoming is June 10 (that's a Tuesday) at 7:28pm, he arrives at Ontario International. Here is his last e-mail.
Well family, things are going along as normal, crazy.... This week flew by really fast. On tuesday we went out to one side of the mission pueblos for presidents interviews with missionaries. We got a little behind schedule so he didnt finish 8 of them. We started a 3 hour trip back to teguc at 9:00 PM. We got home at 12:00 AM exactly. The next day (or really the same day) I went out to Comayagua for divisions with the zone leaders. I started the mission in that area, so it was nice to see a few of the members that surprisingly remembered me. While I was gone, the country went on strike again (i think the taxis?). At the same time we had a missionary come back to the mission and another that had to leave. So Thursday was driving around the mission for all the emergency changes... Friday was the evaluation meeting with the newbies and taking the Elder to the airport that went home. Finally I got to my area on Friday for a baptism interview. We have a baptism today at 6:00... one named Cherry who was a referral from the counselor in the bishopric. The Bishop is going to baptize her. The other is a guy named David. He was my companions first member referral in the mission, but he lived outside of his area so he couldnt do any follow up. We found out he lives in our area so we taught him and he's getting baptized today by his friend who is the high priest group leader in our ward (I think the only high priest group leader in honduras... there really arent many high priests) So thats exciting. Today President also invited us over for an asado... Agentinian barbeque to celebrate my birthday and Elder Ayau's birthday (general secretary)... Both of our bithdays passed a little while ago, but its been a crazy, hectic last couple weeks. This next week is the last full week for my companion. I still don't know what I'll do next change. If I leave to train, that leaves the assistants starting from scratch again and without any training, so that's hard. I'd love to train, but we'll see what President Gómez has in mind. We start to plan changes this friday, so I could have an idea by my next e-mail.
Oh, remember how I compained about that dumb law in Honduras where you have to choose one day of the week not to drive... It lasted 3 days before the supreme court determined it was unconstitutional and illogical... That's Honduras for you....
Tell Grammy I love her a lot and to get well soon. Kevin, congrats on the marathon... I assume you survived. What are you up to these days kev? Brad, running a marathon at 12 years old is crazy!!! I'll be there to cheer you on. I'll be sure to make a sign to put at the 18-mile mark saying "Brad, keep going, Brittney Davis is waiting for you at the finish" Haha. Brent, good luck with your girlfriend. Just remember that girls are up to no good. Mom, dad I love you a lot! Take care. Let me know any updates on housing for summer, fall etc... thank you! I love you all very much. Have a great week!!! ¡Cuidense!
Elder Brian Wright

No comments: