Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cameras

There are some things this year I just haven't been able to hang onto.  One of them is a camera. I have never been a big picture taker, I don't like scrapbooking and organizing pictures.  Kerri gave me the greatest gift for Christmas last year.  She took boxes of pictures home with her and organized them into photo albums for me (no, even though she had the pictures for months I never missed them).  It was the perfect gift.
This year though, since I have a blog now I wanted to be able to put pictures on it, and with no paper pictures to organize I found I like taking pictures.  I'm not talking "photography" just a fun snapshot of what's going on.  My first camera was good, but 26 miles of running in the rain at St. George killed it.  Really it didn't take 26 miles, it was probably just a few.  Oh well, who knew it would rain, so after the marathon I got a new camera, a nice one that wasn't too hard to use, perfect for carrying around everywhere in my purse.  Unfortunately my purse was stolen Thursday and my camera was in it.  So, now I'm on my third camera of the year.  Hopefully I can hang onto this one.

5 comments:

Nadine said...

Melinda, That is terrible about your purse being stolen. How did that happen? I liked that camera so much (I used it at thanksgiving)that I went and bought one just like it for Wade to give me for x-mas.

Melinda said...

I think we just get too complacent living on a cul de sac, there's not much traffic on our part of the street, so I'm not good about locking up. Anyway I left it in the Corolla when I was carrying in some groceries and forgot about it. When I was ready to go to my class on Friday I told Brent to go get my purse for me and I was taking the Pilot. No purse, Kyle's backpack was stolen from the Pilot, the wireless headphones from the Pilot were gone too. They used one of my credit cards. Craig filed a police report, they actually came out to the house for the report since the Pilot was in the garage it was considered breaking and entering. Now I gotta go to DMV, I hate DMV.

Melinda said...

PS, Nadine I think you will like that camera, this time I bought another CoolPix but a little cheaper version since I'm not so good at hanging onto them.

Lorene said...

Well Melinda, I guess I am in good company. I have lost my camera since Halloween..I am not sure where??? I have been using Kendra's but would like to hear what camera you have for future reference.

Melinda said...

Lorene, I can't remember what the rained on one was, I think Sanyo, the next one that I got was a Nikon Coolpix 560, I really liked it, then I was going to get the new cool, Coolpix with the touchscreen but the reviews on it were really bad, so I ended up with the Coolpix 210, I like it, it's smaller than the 560 and it has 8 megapixels instead of 10. But I don't even know what a megapixel is so it's working out fine.