Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Therapist Called Today

And wanted to know what was up, how come I had failed to keep so many appointments.  I tried to explain just how busy I have been, and I see no foreseeable chance for an appointment in the near future.  She reminded me, how important my group therapy sessions are, and that I have let down the group.  Yes, I'm feeling guilty.
Dr. Madone:  I saw you walk by this morning, you didn't see me, but I noticed you've gained a few pounds, are you working out your problems with the endless bounty of Christmas goodies that are everywhere instead of with me.
Me:  Well, yeah, maybe a little, but you see it is so much simpler to just down a handful of Christmas cookies or grab one or two (or more) Sees candies.  Instant stress release that doesn't require an hour or more of my time.
Dr. Madone:  Well how about today, I've got a cancellation, I can work you into the schedule.
Me:  Hmm, no it's raining, you know I just don't like to go out when it's raining, the roads get a little slick, I just don't think it would be too safe.
Dr. Madone:  Your friends have made excellent progress in group therapy, should I recount for you some of their accomplishments?
Me:  No, no that's ok, I know all about it.
Dr. Madone:  Well you know there's a big event coming up in February and if you want to get through this, you ought to be getting ready, when can I see you?
Me:  Umm, well I'm leaving for Sacramento on Friday and then to Utah on Sunday, I'll be there for three weeks, and then.....
Dr. Madone:  Ok, January 10, I've got you on my schedule, no excuses.
Me:  Well, I'll just be getting back and....
Dr. Madone:  January 10.  Goodbye.

Dr. Madone
And if anyone thinks I have a problem 'cause my bike lives in my bedroom, or that I may have a problem with personification of inanimate objects, please don't tell me, I already can't keep my therapy appointments.

3 comments:

Ker said...

My therapist travels if you want to see him while you are in utah (trainer) and I KNOW he's not booked. :)

Melinda said...

Hey I might take you up on that, but you'll have to show me how to use it, will it chew my tires?

Ker said...

a little maybe, but it didn't really do anything that noticable to mine.