Friday, December 26, 2008

Pizza and Christmas Traditions

When Craig and I got married he said, you need to know about my family's Christmas tradition. I said ok, no problem. He said, "We have pizza and rootbeer for Christmas." What!!! That's like sacrelegious, you need to have a big Christmas dinner, I didn't think that was a good Christmas tradition at all. My family is all about the food. Surely I could change Craig's mind about this one. This tradition came about as my mother in law found herself in the kitchen all day Christmas, cooking and cleaning and what she really wanted to do was to be playing with the kids and their new toys. So Christmas became pizza and rootbeer. Rather than change Craig, I have to admit he changed me. We have pizza and rootbeer and the kids wouldn't have it any other way, and neither would I. The last two years Kendall has invited us all to Pizza Factory, we have the whole place to ourselves and make our own pizzas.

A four year old expert pizza maker--Kyle
And a two year old expert pizza maker, they look very professional in their own aprons

              Kael, Kendall, Kyle and Kerri

Kev and Brad

Kev's helping Grandma make her pizza

                     Kerri and the boys





                                                                                                                                              Kael



Brent and Kyle

                         Kael and Kendall

No comments: