Thursday, January 15, 2009

Integrate!!!

This morning was my first day back at the gym after about a month of too much holiday. It was hard to go and harder to do anything once I got there. I usually have some certain training plan that I'm following for some certain event. I go, pound out the miles (with the help of Queen) and I'm outta there. This morning though I was missing Queen (rather missing iPod), missing a training plan and missing a line up of events for the year.
I decided it is time for a little integration! I read my friend's blog, she has a word of the year. I have never had a word of the year. I've had lots of short lived New Year's resolutions and visions of what the year "should" bring but a word of the year sounds like a deliciously simple idea. Her word is "Serendipity", a pretty word that rolls off your tongue and makes you smile and feel lucky because that is what serendipity is all about. My word "integrate" came about as I walked (remember I haven't ran in a month) in silence (remember missing iPod) on the treadmill. To be honest it came about as for some reason my mind perseverated on the word "disintegration" which is not a positive word like you would like your word of the year to be, though it describes many events in our life. If you give some more thought to disintegration you realize it is the normal course of life, all things that are created naturally disintegrate in some amount of time. But along with disintegration comes integration. As things change, or leave us we have the space to integrate or weave in the new. This can apply to almost everything in our lives. My stodgy new word of the year is to help me remember to weave in the fresh, positive and new for the year, rather than resist change and dwell over disintegration.
So this year I will integrate _______________________ into my life. I will fill in the blanks as I go and keep you updated.

No comments: