Monday, January 12, 2009

BB's, Laundry and Brent

Here it is Monday morning, I threw in another load of clothes after my airport run this morning and this is what my laundry room looks like.

 Yes we got home Friday night and there is still laundry on  the floor.  If you are feeling sorry for me you have missed the point of this post.  I am ecstatic.  Do you know how long it takes to do Christmas/Cabin laundry when there are six children at home?  Honestly, it takes so long that along with the daily manufacturing of laundry I begin to wonder if I will ever see the floor.  But now my life has been simplified, I only had two children at the cabin that I actually brought home with me and am doing laundry for.  I probably only have two more loads to go, besides the ones currently in the washer and dryer.  And so what happened to the third child that should have been at the cabin with  us.  He survived.  He had more important things to do:



Yes, probably against our better judgement he went home early, because there was this beautiful girl home from school. I secretly hoped he would be bored and miserable and miss us terribly (what was I thinking?!) but he seemed to have survived just fine. And since he couldn't have any friends at our house while we were gone all the reports from his friends parents indicate he was well behaved and functioning just fine.
Oh and one more note on the laundry.  Did you know that BB's, you know those little round things that go in BB guns fit perfectly in the holes where the water drains out in the washing machine.  Just in case anyone would like to know that tidbit of info.  Guess what, you can't get them out.  For years I washed clothes in my old washing machine with BB's in the holes.  Now that Brad got a BB gun for Christmas I checked and double checked pockets for BB's.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

why aren't they holding hands???

Melinda said...

Arm around her works just as well I suppose. By the way, the BB's in the washing machine, that was you. Since you gave Brad the BB gun for Christmas I hold you personally responsible for any stuck BB's in my washing machine. Oops, not my washing machine, I refuse to take ownership. I also give free washing machine and dryer lessons.